Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hanging

It has been a week since I have written anything, but my my its been a crazy week.  I have been very busy getting everything ready for the dry run show as well as finishing up my thesis paper (which I officially just submitted...one thing off my back).  I drop off my artwork this friday so I have been trying to get everything done today so that thursday I can more so just organize everything.  

The main thing I have been working on is figuring out the display for the polyurethane squares.  I knew I wanted labels on them to make them appear like specimen.  Other than that I was thinking of either putting them in shadow boxes with pins or on a small shelf with a light behind it.  In reading the label of the polyurethane can I learned that it can be flammable in certain situations.  So, I need to figure that out before I put a light behind them. 

Therefore, I turned to pinning the labels and squares to a shadow box and hanging it to the wall.


Here is a close up of the images and the labels.


I now had to decide how many frames to do.  Ultimately I chose 12 frames that are each around 
13" x 13" with 12" of visible space.  I was able to fit 16 squares in each frame.  So, I needed 192 squares.  Surprisingly I was pretty close to that.  I only needed about 25 more to meet that amount. 

Here is a picture of 9 completed frames in their respective spot.  I plan to complete the last three on Thursday once the last set of squares finish drying completely.  



Here is another close up.


I am very excited about how these have turned out.  And whether I use these for the final or not I am really excited about these and the idea behind them.

I will talk to you soon as I will have pictures from the dry run show once it is installed.

Rachel 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment