Monday, February 13, 2012

Hanging

Its official, all of my books are on the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!  And the scary part...the dry run, or the practice run, for the final show in June...is in 2 weeks.  SCARY!!!!

I hung all of my books on Saturday.  I did have a few issues getting the sheets off the ground as i had accidentally glued some of them together.  But, I was able to figure it out.  There were a couple books that I either forgot to glue or weren't glued enough.  So, I had to address those.  The hanging process was a little tricky and frustrating, but I think that's because I did it on my own.  I am glad that I got to see what it was like now though so I am prepared.  

I left the books to hang over the weekend and if anything falls I can see it and address it now.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything is okay when I go in tomorrow.  Here is a picture of the books.  I couldn't get the whole thing in the picture, so it is cut at the bottom.  In total it is 8' x 8'.  It may be a little more than 8' long since the books hang over the edges.   


It's crazy.  This picture makes the books look small.  Even though you can see one corner of the room and the other is right beyond the edge of the picture, it just looks small.  I am hoping that it doesn't seem this way tomorrow.  

I have also been writing my thesis today.  And it had dawned on me that people do hang on to their memories, which make who they are.  But, I think I hang on to my memories, specifically of my grandmother, more so than others.  It is my baggage or my storage.  Then, I started to question why I hold on to these memories more so than others.  After much thought I realized its because I don't want to forget my grandmother.  I am extremely afraid that if I stop holding on tightly to each and every memory that the impact of her and the essence of her will just slip away.  So, I just keep piling the memories on, that way if I need to remember something specific I can pull it from my storage without struggle.  I am looking into incorporating this idea much more into my work.  It probably will not be evident in the dry run, but in the final it will.  

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment