Friday, February 10, 2012

Gluing

Hello all!

It has been a couple days since I talked with you last.  And the theme this week is glue...wood glue to be specific.  I have been gluing all of my books to the wood sheets that I showed you last time.  I have a very small studio so I couldn't glue all of them at the same time.  I started off with about 6 sheets of wood on Tuesday and then on Wednesday I had to use two of the sheets that were already glued to start gluing the next.  All of the sheets of books fit together like a puzzle.  It is actually a very cool and a fun process.  Yesterday I glued the last six.  The funny thing with this process is that by the end of the day of gluing I have hardly any room to walk.  Yesterday was actually the worst one.  I had to actually put a board down over some of the books and step on that to get from one side to the other.  But, fortunately, I have glued everything and tomorrow I plan to go to my studio to hang everything on the wall so that I can make sure it stays up over the weekend.  Here are some pictures of my crazy studio... 

These are the books that have been glued on Tuesday.


 Here are the drying books on Wednesday. 
 I used the paint cans to make sure that they have weight on them


Another view of the lack of room in my studio


This is a picture from yesterday.  I screwed up the sheets that were dried.


Here is another picture of the books that I glued yesterday


 And another one with stuff in my studio on the books to add weight to them. 


I am very anxious to see the finished product.  I do have some extra books left.  If need be I can always add those to the wall.  I will get back with you tomorrow to show you the finished piece. 

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment