Monday, March 5, 2012

Dry Run Show

Hello again.  It has been awhile since I have posted anything...2 weeks I think.  So, I think I will give you a recap.  After I talked to you last I had to finish up the last polyurethane squares and drop off my work at the gallery.  It was a nerve recking weekend as I couldnt stop thinking about eventually having to hang my work.  I was incredibly nervous.  But Sunday cam without fail, and luckily I had my lovely boyfriend with me to help me out.  It was a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be.  Actually, after I got there the man that runs the gallery told me to hang my frames straight across the wall in a line instead of in a grid.  I was very happy that he told me to do that as it looked much much better.  The hanging process took about 3 hours.  But, we had to be very precise and each one of my frames had to stay in line with the next.  So, we started in the middle and worked our way out each way.  

At one point Ricky was about to leave...I had 4 frames left to hang, and when I started to do it myself I realized that I couldnt see above the frames to make sure everything was straight...im very short...so Ricky ended up staying.  We just moved a little faster since he had somewhere to be.    All in all I was very pleased with the result. 

Here's a full wall shot

Here's my name on the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another full shot

I have a picture of all of the twelve frames.  Here's A
 B
 C
 D
 E
 F
 G
 H
 I
 J
 J
 K
 L

I was very proud of myself and I got a lot of compliments on them.  The show was up for all of last week and this week is the second half of the seniors.  Now on to other ventures.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment