Saturday, April 14, 2012

Typing Some More

Okay!!!  So i have been busy this past week typing up cards and continuing to recall memories.   I have realized that this is a lot more time consuming than I expected.  There are times where it is difficult to recall certain memories, and others where I it is emotionally difficult to recall them.  In terms of typing them I can get on a good roll sometimes, but other times I start to recall some of the emotions and it takes me longer to get through it.  But, I am pleased with how they are turning out.  I had a critique a couple days ago and I got really good feedback on them.  Also, my professor suggested wearing out the older and more accessed ones and leaving some of them clean with crisp edges.  I'm also going to go to a stamp store to have one made so i can stamp on the cards when they were accessed (month, day, year).  My prof also suggested stamping information about whether the memory was good or not.  

I was pleased with the feedback.  I think I was expecting to get a little more negative feedback.  Though, i think that is just because I haven't truly had any feedback on these cards yet, and I was at a point where I needed and wanted it to move forward.  I think this idea is what scares me a little bit about graduating; I'm not going to have scheduled times for feedback.  And sometimes I feel like I need that reassurance or guidance in moving forward.  But, I guess that is apart of being an artist; I have to figure it out on my own.  

Okay, here are some images of my cards from yesterday.  This is how big the stack of cards is so far.  I am almost done with the first section, which is "My Grandma's House".  There are 6 other sections, and I think majority of the memories are in the first section.  But, I still have over half to go.


Here are some of the new catalogs I have done





So, I am happy with the progress so far.  Some of my fellow peers said that I should show the catalog cards instead of my book wall.  So, we will see.  I think it all depends on how much space we are allowed at the final show.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment